User Tools

Site Tools


journal:spring2020:sbozich:week4

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
journal:spring2020:sbozich:week4 [2020/02/08 20:41]
sbozich
journal:spring2020:sbozich:week4 [2020/02/10 23:19] (current)
sbozich
Line 11: Line 11:
  
 ====February 8th, 2020==== ====February 8th, 2020====
-Today I got an email back on possible solutions and reasons why the script was failing. I went through and tried to look over through the error messages to match with the possible solutions. I had tightened the paths but that made more issues. I just went back to what I did before, but they worked if I didn't put '/' in front of the leading directory that I needed the computer to change to. Also, the reason for all the permissions denied errors were due to me not typing in the command for the computer to change paths back to local. The funny thing was I had made a comment about doing the command but never typed it out, so the computer wasn't changing to local before executing the other commands. There was also a typo later on in the script but never got picked up by the computer due to the previous errors. I only found out the typo through my troubleshooting process of going command by command and commenting out the others until I ran into an error. Also, I decided as a fun little thing was I added in the file check command and cat command so, in the end, the computer will show to the user that it was successful and shows the final successful product. I don't think this is a problem because it still doesn't require human intervention and wasn'in the project's page of do's and dont's. If it is a conflict with rules, it would be fine to take those two things out. It made me very happy to finally have a successful run on my very first working script. +Today I got an email back on possible solutions and reasons why the script was failing. I went through and tried to look over through the error messages to match with the possible solutions. I had tightened the paths but that made more issues. I just went back to what I did before, but they worked if I didn't put '/' in front of the leading directory that I needed the computer to change to. Also, the reason for all the permissions denied errors were due to me not typing in the command for the computer to change paths back to local. The funny thing was I had made a comment about doing the command but never typed it out, so the computer wasn't changing to local before executing the other commands. There was also a typo later on in the script but never got picked up by the computer due to the previous errors. I only found out the typo through my troubleshooting process of going command by command and commenting out the others until I ran into an error. Also, I decided as a fun little thing was I added in the file check command and cat command so, in the end, the computer will show to the user that it was successful and shows the final successful product. I don't think this is a problem because it still doesn't require human intervention and wasn'on the project's page of do's and dont's. If it is a conflict with rules, it would be fine to take those two things out. It made me very happy to finally have a successful run on my very first working script
 + 
 +====February 9-10th, 2020==== 
 +(9) I have decided to submit the pbx1 project after going over it many times and made sure it was successful and perfect. (10) With both pbx1 and pct4 all done and submitted I decided to get ahead and work on pct5. I started it around 9:30 PM and got it done and checked it around 11:00 PM. I got it done and correct the 1st time and it was a breeze because I feel like I got the core techniques of this difficult level down pretty well
  
journal/spring2020/sbozich/week4.txt · Last modified: 2020/02/10 23:19 by sbozich