User Tools

Site Tools


journal:fall2019:jmatthe8:week12

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
journal:fall2019:jmatthe8:week12 [2019/11/07 14:15]
jmatthe8
journal:fall2019:jmatthe8:week12 [2019/11/07 14:37] (current)
jmatthe8
Line 7: Line 7:
 Last night I managed to finally accomplish something in the pwn0 script. The progress I made doesn'​t completely satisfy the quota of the project but I finally figured how how to use printf to do what I wanted for the chart. I also was able to print the results in decreasing or increasing order based on input as well as implementing a very basic by command. what my project didn't end up having is an entirely different story.\\ My projects downfalls include: no sans function, I just couldn'​t get it to work. no other bases function, I didn't figure out how to implement it or even how to do it really. and finally, base two wouldn'​t convert no matter what I did.\\ all of these things considered though, I feel like I did pretty good on what I could do verses what I couldn'​t making the most out of what I knew.\\ The next project is grade figure outerer and not going to lie it kinda looks like a pain. I guess you cant spell fun without pain, eh? well I mean you can...\\ anyway I am currently unsure of what we will be talking about in class today but I am hopeful about the content of the class.\\ on a side note pctC was released on totally looks like fun since its a base 12 letter long division puzzle.\\ kinda a confession I guess but I've never really know what to put in this journal. Its kinda like a reservoir of incessantly trailing thoughts with no real rhyme or reason to their format, kinda the wild west of writing, but I don't think I'd want it any other way. its a journal after all right? right.\\ Last night I managed to finally accomplish something in the pwn0 script. The progress I made doesn'​t completely satisfy the quota of the project but I finally figured how how to use printf to do what I wanted for the chart. I also was able to print the results in decreasing or increasing order based on input as well as implementing a very basic by command. what my project didn't end up having is an entirely different story.\\ My projects downfalls include: no sans function, I just couldn'​t get it to work. no other bases function, I didn't figure out how to implement it or even how to do it really. and finally, base two wouldn'​t convert no matter what I did.\\ all of these things considered though, I feel like I did pretty good on what I could do verses what I couldn'​t making the most out of what I knew.\\ The next project is grade figure outerer and not going to lie it kinda looks like a pain. I guess you cant spell fun without pain, eh? well I mean you can...\\ anyway I am currently unsure of what we will be talking about in class today but I am hopeful about the content of the class.\\ on a side note pctC was released on totally looks like fun since its a base 12 letter long division puzzle.\\ kinda a confession I guess but I've never really know what to put in this journal. Its kinda like a reservoir of incessantly trailing thoughts with no real rhyme or reason to their format, kinda the wild west of writing, but I don't think I'd want it any other way. its a journal after all right? right.\\
 ====================================== ======================================
-I finally figured out that by appending a details at the end of a status command you get a breakdown of the scoring process. kinda ashamed that I didn't ask but i'm glad that gfo0 states this in the details and specifications part. This grade breakdown really helps me see what I need to work at.. albeit its a lot of things such as better organisation,​ participate more, double check my submissions and the most important: don't submit late. Those reductions really add up.\\ In regards to gfo0 we are figuring out OUR grades... yikes. I really hope I'm not doing exceptionally bad in this course. I mean, I've done the projects to the <​del>​somewhat</​del>​ best of my ability.+I finally figured out that by appending a details at the end of a status command you get a breakdown of the scoring process. kinda ashamed that I didn't ask but i'm glad that gfo0 states this in the details and specifications part. This grade breakdown really helps me see what I need to work at.. albeit its a lot of things such as better organisation,​ participate more, double check my submissions and the most important: don't submit late. Those reductions really add up.\\ In regards to gfo0 we are figuring out OUR grades... yikes. I really hope I'm not doing exceptionally bad in this course. I mean, I've done the projects to the <​del>​somewhat</​del>​ best of my ability.\\ 
 + 
 +On a side note I finally went and cleared my deadzone directory that I've been stuffing files I couldn'​t figure out how to delete. I say files but they where test directories or dummy directories that I made. as a note encase I forget in the future: to remove a directory you need to append a -r after the remove command. -> rm -r dummyfile and then say yes to the prompts. the -r makes the remove recursive. allowing rm to remove directories and the files within. this is pretty useful and pretty dangerous.
    
  
journal/fall2019/jmatthe8/week12.txt · Last modified: 2019/11/07 14:37 by jmatthe8